Friday, January 30, 2009

Buffalo Wings with Endive

Here is my take on restaurant-style Buffalo wings. It will be ready before you can say "Marketing Case." (7 minutes)




You'll need:
1 Endive (you can find it in Target)
2-3 Tyson pre-flavored buffalo chicken wings/fingers
1 Corn on the cob
Blue-cheese salad dressing

Preparation:
If you'd rather boil your corn, fill a small pot with water, throw the corn, and put it to boil. It will take around 7-10 minutes to be ready, which is already too long for me. Today I tried the microwave instructions (on a covered plate, with 2 tbspns of water, 3-4 min). It came out surprisingly good. A little more chewy, but the overall result was good. Warm up the chicken for 2-3 minutes on the microwave. In the meanwhile, cut the "butt" of the endive and spread the leaves. Endives are from the Mediterranean region. They have a slightly bitter taste, but their flavor is soft, with a crunchy texture. I chose an endive instead of celery because it has a sweeter flavor and goes very well with the blue-cheese dressing. And I just love endives. Oh, did you hear that? The chicken is done! Add butter, salt, pepper, and whatever you like to your corn. Lunch is ready!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I'm excited about your new blog :) Mine died, sadly...

    ReplyDelete